Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tomato, Cannellini Bean and Tuna Salad


My tomatoes are finally starting to ripen in our garden. Hooray!   I feel so spoiled this time of the year with fresh picked tomatoes every day, and I love coming up with recipes to use them in. 
This is a quick, easy salad that makes a great lunch or light dinner.  I have also added (and will once my are ripe) cucumbers to it and it’s quite good.  I will admit that this recipe originally came from somewhere, but I can’t find it to give credit to the original authors (or tell you the original ingredient list)!  I am not this creative J


Tomato, Cannellini Bean and Tuna Salad

*Note: This portion size is for one person
1/2 can tuna
1/2 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup of tomatoes, chopped
3 or 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
Juice from 1/2 lemon (I like mine with a lot of lemon, use less if you don’t want it as tart)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste

Combine all ingredients. Toss and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment